Joining the Marion Art Group
We are a friendly, inclusive group which is looking for artists who are passionate about what they do and who are willing to make a positive contribution to our group.
If you wish to apply for membership, we have a clear process for prospective new members to follow. Keep in mind that we have a set ceiling of membership which may mean time on our waiting list for successful applicants. We currently have a yearly fee of $30.00 for each member and a weekly fee of $6.00 (to cover hall hire, coffee/tea and biscuits).
1. Use the contact page on this website to indicate your interest.
2. A member of our committee will contact you to arrange a visit for you, to one of our Monday studio sessions at the Marino Community Hall.
3. You prepare a portfolio of your artwork to show to the committee on your arrival. This should comprise at least three finished paintings and/or a portfolio demonstrating your skill development in your chosen media.
4. On arrival you will receive a friendly welcome. We understand that prospective new members may be rather apprehensive and so we endeavour to be encouraging. While the committee peruses your artwork, you will be invited to mingle and chat with our members so you can gain a feeling for the group and how things work at studio sessions. This part of the process is as much about how you see yourself fitting into the group as it is about the committee viewing your art work.
5. The committee will let you know on the same day whether you have been accepted for membership or not. If you are to become a member you will be provided with a membership form to complete and return to us on your first official studio session.